The Elocity A7 allows you to reset your tablet to the original factory settings by doing the following steps:
1. Enter “Recovery menu” by pressing the Power button 2 seconds
2. Release Power Button when the tablet turns on.
3. Quickly Hold the power button down until it says on the screen “hold power for 5 seconds”
4. Wait until it says booting recovery kernel..
5. Release the power button.
6. Press “HOME” button to see menu, use SEARCH/BACK button to navigate up or down.
7. “Wipe/factory reset”
8. Press MENU key to start the process.
Once it is done recovering to factory settings, it will restart, then follow menu instructions.
Updating the firmware on your Elocity A7
Per the Elocity homepage, this firmware update fixes the following:
– Bluetooth: Can now connect to speaker Nokia MD-7W
– HDMI: Fixed video file lag on 40″ HDMI TV
– HDMI: Fixed aspect scaling algorithm to eliminate black bars on far left and right edges during HDMI output
– Video: Fixed issue where video would sometimes fail to play at first boot after newly installed update
– Camera: Disabled double tap to zoom-in/zoom-out
– Amazon MP3: Fixed “application has stopped unexpectedly” error that showed when choosing update option
A7 Firmware Update Instructions
- Download the Firmware Update ZIP file .
- Copy the ZIP file from your PC or Mac to a MicroSD card. The file must be copied to the ROOT DIRECTORY of the MicroSD card. Make sure you do not copy the file into any folder.
- Insert the MicroSD into the slot at the top of the Elocity A7 Tablet.
- Make sure your A7 Tablet is plugged into an electrical outlet with your AC adaptor.
- On your A7, goto Settings > About device > System updates > Update device.
- Follow the on-screen prompts. The system will restart automatically in update mode, then will restart when the update is complete.
To Mod your Elocity A7
Install using recovery menu.
- ElocityMod v1.3 copy the file to the root of your sdcard and rename it to Update.zip.
- Enter “Recovery menu” by pressing power for 2 seconds, then release the power button
- Hold power button again until “hold power 5sec….” shows up and wait until it says ” booting recovery kernel..” then release power button.
- Press “HOME” button to see menu, use SEARCH/BACK button to navigate.
- select “Wipe/factory reset” – press MENU key to activate the options.
- then select “apply sdcard:update.zip” – press MENU to activate
- after it installs – press “reboot” to finalize and wait for the upgrade to take place on second screen that appear.
You should have the Android Market along with other fixes on your Elocity A7. Remember there is always a risk to modifying your tablet. The risk is yours, and I do not take any responsibility to the results of the update. It has worked wonderful for me, and if there are any questions or issues, you can go to the Android XDA Developers for the Elocity A7. Plenty of information.